Thursday 25 February 2016

SOME BUTI LOVE...sneak peek


so I cant start my post  on this photo shoot without a little background on
how this idea came to me..
downward dog...
yep was in this grueling, challenging, and awesome class at the gym ...BUTI YOGA
I've been going once a week for over a year now at MOTION FITNESS and happy to report I can almost touch my toes
the premise behind the moves in this class are part tribal dance part yoga part plyometric
                                      
meet robin , the instructor that I love and curse all at the same time.. she has this chiseled bod and long blonde natural wavy hair..
and me being the hair geek that I am I watch her move both her body and her hair in this class like
an art form, and although I should be focusing on breathing and getting thru class, I think how I can get my hands on her head?

so while i'm upside down in this god awful position I think up my idea to combine fun editorial hair with  muscle/fitness photo shoots, that always seem to me so contrived and (understandably) very little detail goes into the artistic side of these amazing women with amazing sculpted bodies.
theres only so many images of women with beautiful sculpted bodies in boy shorts hanging from a pull up bar, one can look at....  but that's just me



why cant I take a fitness model like robin and have artistic freedom whilst showcasing both what I love to do and also her, and her passion and expertise. as like most of my shoots, hair make up and costume were done on location. and very much ad-libbing as they say...
kevin murphy color bug was used ..pink purple orange all used and really worked into her braids that went in for 2nd change of setting.
it was something new for myself, and also Michelle who is a nature photographer, who like myself likes to push boundaries

heres the sneak peek and a look at the prep work going into this shoot.....
the setting could not have been more fitting

 
alfresco dining area turned into prep station
                            


dayln and I making good use of our time-


look at those serious faces..surprised my tongue isn't out

robin such a trooper this was her 3rd hair/costume change....glass of wine helped

the bits and bobs I gathered for costume were the perfect accompaniment

I seriously dislike braiding but they say practise makes perfect...verdict still out?


stay tuned for the captured images......
cheers

thanks to MICHELLE GIER PHOTOGRAPHY
and DAYLN SJOGREN of DAYLNS DAYDREAM MAKE UP
and special thanks to my firends' the LUSSIER FAMILYfor allowing us to invade their backyard
elbow park wasn't too sure what to think of all the hoop-la


No comments:

Post a Comment